Text will reflect on screen. In 40 seconds, you must read this text aloud as naturally and clearly as possible. You have 40 seconds to read aloud.
PTE Reading and PTE speaking
Number of questions
6 – 7
- The recording status box displays a countdown (ranges between 30 to 40 seconds) until the microphone opens. You will hear a short tone and start speaking immediately after the tone.
- Don’t speak before the microphone starts because your voice won’t be recorded. Speak clearly, and don’t make any hurry. You’ll be able to record your answer only once.
- Finish speaking before the progress bar reaches the end. The word “Recording” changes to “Completed”.
- You will be judged for reading, speaking, oral fluency, pronunciation and content.
- Use punctuations to help you decide where to pause when you read. Also stress the words that carry important information.